Thursday 4 April 2013

Frederick-Afternoon Tea

Took afternoon tea with the pair and decided a plate of Welsh scones would be a safe dish. No fear of going wrong with this.  People are particular about scones.  They can vary from lead to clay.  The Welsh don't disappoint.

A cool room on a hot day.
Well worn leather chairs.  I found out later how well travelled they were. I sunk into one.
Nobody ever sits in a chair, do they?  They are always hanging about the edge looking constipated.

I have been watching you.

Not something one is accustomed to hearing over a cup of tea and pastry.

Of course, I'd been watching the house, too.  But I didn't tell them that. Probably didn't have to.

Cups and saucers.  Refrained from looking at the underside.  Where have I seen this pattern?
Not one but two teapots-his and hers. He favours loose, she's the Bag Lady. It's her little joke which Frederick does not find remotely amusing.

Smoked salmon, pate and a cheese board. Delicious.

You are sleeping better these ...?

A bell went in the kitchen and off he went.

We won't see him again, today.  Meringues.  She whispered the word.
I think we're all sleeping better these days, no?  Everyone says so.  Frederick is such a snob about tea.  I can't stand it.  Give me a bag, any day. He really is the most tiresome little man. I only stay for the cooking.
More scones?


No comments: